Associate Professor Jo-Dee Lattimore graduated in medicine at the University of Otago in 1992, undertook basic physician training at Westmead Hospital and completed cardiology training at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in 2000.
Her research training (PhD, University of Sydney) in ‘Sleep Apnoea and Cardiovascular Disease' led to the award of the Ralph Reader Prize of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ).
In addition to Fellowships of the Royal College of Physicians, CSANZ and the European Society of Cardiology, A/Prof Lattimore is also a Fellow of the Heart Failure Association.
A/Prof Lattimore is a founding member of the CSANZ Heart Failure working group and founding editorial board member for Cardiology Today. She established the Heart Failure Clinic and Consultative Service at RPA Hospital, is a Associate Professor at the University of Sydney and Co-Chair, Cardiovascular Block, Graduate Medical Program, Sydney Medical School.
Heart failure, complex adult heart disease including coronary, valvular and myocardial disease, inherited heart disease, perioperative risk management, cardiac oncology, Maori and Indigenous health.
Cardiac imaging including stress echocardiography and 3D echocardiography.
Clinical training and teaching.
Invited lectures and plenary sessions 2016:
- February 2016 “Cardiac Preoperative Assessment in Non-Cardiac Surgery” Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- March 2016 “Cardiology Update” NSW Institute of Psychiatry
- March 2016 "Cardiac Neurology" Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- April 2016 “Cardiology Overview” Masters of Nutrition, University of Sydney
- May 2016 "Diabetes and Heart Failure" Masters of Medicine Metabolic Health, University of Sydney
- July 2016 "Biomarkers and ECGs" Pathology Master Class
- August 2016 'Cardiology Overview' BSc Hons, University of Sydney.
- September 2016 'European Congress of Cardiology' RPA
- October 2014 "Heart Failure Therapy" University of Sydney
- November 2016 “Heart failure update” Basic Physician Trainee course for Royal Australasian College of Physicians exam
- A/Prof Jo-Dee Lattimore discusses emerging issues in Cardiology for the 100 Year celebrations of the Medical Journal of Australia. To listen to the Podcast, click following link: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/medical-journal-australia/id857446881?mt=2
- Wilcox I, Chan KH, Lattimore JD. Hypoxia and inflammation. New England Medical Journal. 2011;364(20):1976-7
- Lattimore, JL., Wilcox, I., Adams, M., Kilian, J., Celermajer, D.S Treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea leads to enhanced pulmonary vascular nitric oxide release. International Journal of Cardiology. 2008; 126:229-33.
- Brown, A., Lattimore, J., McGrady, M., Sullivan, D., Dyer, W., Braet, F., dos Remedios, C. Stable and unstable angina: Identifying novel markers on circulating leukocytes. PROTEOMICS - Clinical Applications. 2008; 2:90-98.
- Fox K, Ford I, Steg PG, Tendera M, Ferrari R., on behalf of the BEAUTIFUL Investigators. Ivabradine for patients with stable coronary artery disease and left-ventricular systolic dysfunction (BEAUTIFUL): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2008; 372: 807–16
- Lattimore JL The effect of treating obstructive sleep apnea on systemic disease. Winter 2007, International Journal of Respiratory Care
- Wilcox I, Booth V, Lattimore JL. Sleep Apnea and Heart Disease. New England Medical Journal 2006; 364:1086-89
Full list of publications: