RPAH Medical Centre, Suite 407/100 Carillon Ave, Newtown, NSW 2042
T: +61 (02) 9516 3456
F: +61 (02) 9516 3934
You will need a current referral from your General Practitioner or Specialist before your Consultation or tests in our Rooms. A GP referral will be current for 12 months and a Specialist referral for 3 months. The length of each appointment depends on what is required but will usually last between 15 minutes to an hour and a half.
What To Bring
Please remember to bring the following items to your appointment
- Referral letter
- Medicare, Pension card or DVA Card
- Private Health Insurance membership card
- Pathology, X-rays or CT scans
- List of current medications
- Payment in full is required on the day for everyone except Pensioners or Department of Veterans’ Affairs patients. We accept payment by cash, credit cards and EFTPOS (excluding American Express and Diners). We do not accept personal cheques. A portion of the fee can be claimed back from Medicare.
- Pensioners are bulk billed & DVA patients are covered in full by DVA.
- Hospital care as a private patient in either RPAH or Strathfield Private Hospital is covered by your Private Health Fund. We participate in the ‘No Gap’ scheme and bill the fund directly. However depending on your level of cover, you may need to pay an excess to the hospital on admission. A fund check is advisable prior to admission to ensure that your level of cover is appropriate and that no cardiac exclusions apply.